Visit the largest supervolcano on the continent, experience the magic of Old Faithful, ski some of the steepest runs in the country—once you vacation in Wyoming, you’ll never want to go anywhere else. Home to mammoth mountains and amazing natural phenomena, this unharnessed wilderness showcases the West in all its glory. Ready to visit? Adventure Camper Rentals is here to help! Rent a camper from our Denver location and be on your way to Wyoming in no time!
Places to Go
Wyoming is full of mountains and wilderness that will capture your imagination. Below are some of our favorites.
Yellowstone National Park
Watching geysers erupt, seeing a waterfall twice the height of Niagara Falls, and exploring rugged mountain paths all make up a typical day at Yellowstone National Park. If you’re lucky, you might even see an elk, a bear, or a bald eagle. When you vacation in this breathtaking land, you’ll never forget the vibrantly colored hot springs, boiling mud pots, and panoramic views. Your options are endless, but below are a few of the things you must do to have the quintessential Yellowstone experience:
- Experience geothermal action. Home to over half of the world’s geothermal features, Yellowstone is a mystical place. The Upper Geyser Basin is the best area to see exploding geysers, steaming fumaroles, and beautiful hot springs.
- Explore the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. Whether you hike or drive near this stunning area, you’re in for the view of your life. The water dramatically enters a massive canyon by spilling over Upper Falls—a 308-foot waterfall.
- Ride the rapids. If you want an adrenaline-rushing experience, sign up for a white-water rafting adventure. Depending on the intensity of trip you choose, you’ll get to tackle anywhere from Class I to Class V rapids. There are several family-friendly trips.
A huge tower of rock rising 1,267 feet above the relatively flat land, Devil’s Tower National Monument definitely draws attention to itself. In fact this odd feature has puzzled scientists for centuries. Some say it’s an igneous rock that pushed up through the surface of the earth. Others claim that it’s a volcanic plug or the remaining section of a huge, ancient volcano. Despite the theories, no one is certain how this singular massive tower came to be. Visit and formulate your own theory!
Rock climbing on Devil’s Tower is allowed, but only for experienced and advanced climbers. If you’re not a climber, spend your time here hiking the surrounding trails. Tower Trail—a 1.3-mile path that circles the tower—is the most popular. You can also choose from several other trails in the area that vary in length and difficulty.
Vast cliffs tower 1,000 feet above a sleek, winding river. Craggy precipices and red-rock bluffs overlook small waterfalls and sleek caverns. That’s the kind of scenery you’ll find at Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area, located in northern Wyoming and southern Montana. This area is renowned for its natural beauty and for its fun activities. Below are some of the best ways to spend time at Bighorn:
- Fish for a big one. The Bighorn River is renowned for its world-class fishing. Anglers of all skills can catch trout, catfish, walleye, and many other types of fish. Make sure to get the appropriate fishing licenses before you go.
- See a wild horse. The nearby Pryor Mountains and the plateau of Bighorn’s West Rim are two of the few places where you can still find herds of wild horses. Take a drive down Highway 37 and you might get lucky!
- Take a hike. With over 27 miles of trails to explore, you’ll have plenty of picture-perfect moments. You’ll get to experience the cliffs, canyons, forests, and plains that make up Bighorn.
The West is full of amazing destinations. To make this vacation one you’ll remember for years to come, start by reserving an affordable car rental and RV rental from adventurecamper.com. If this is your first time camping, never fear. Our professional team will give you a private tutorial on how to set up the camper, and we also have several resources to help you plan your route. Take a unique vacation with memories that will last a lifetime. If you’re interested in buying a pop-up, check out our camper sales and convenient camper repair services. Make a reservation online, or contact us at 800-250-3184. We look forward to serving you!