National Park Passes

Camping in Bear Country
May 9, 2017
Camping in Arches National Park
May 23, 2017

Hello Campers!
We here at Adventure Camper know that vacations can be expensive, and we want to be able to help save you you money. Whether it is through our flat rates on our Viking and Real-Lite campers or Milan travel trailers, or by helping you plan your vacation destination, we are here to help. So today I will try to help you save money on your next public lands trip.

For the frequent camper, or for your epic road trip through the National Parks, entrance fees to National Parks can range from $7.00 up to $30.00 per week. This can add up if you are planning on going to a number of National Parks this summer, or just plan to visit Rocky Mountain National Park or Yellowstone National Park more than once this season. But did you know that there are public lands passes available to all Federally managed lands*. It is part of the America the Beautiful pass program, and it can save you a lot of money on your trips this summer and in the future. There are several different passes available, so check below to see which one best fits your needs.

Interagency Senior Pass – This pass is available to American citizens and residents who are 62 years or older. The Senior pass costs $10.00 and is good for life (that’s right, for life!) at all Federally managed public lands. It grants the card holder and anyone in their vehicle free entrance to any Federally managed site, and gives a 50% discount on standard amenities fees, such as camping and ranger guided services that charge a fee. This can save you quite a bit of cash on your trip. Just remember that this pass is non-transferable and you must have your ID to use it.

Interagency Access Pass – This Pass is available to all people with a documented disability. This pass is good for life at all Federally managed sites, granting the card holder and anyone in the vehicle with them free entrance to those sites. It also includes a 50% discount on all standard amenity fees, such as camping. This pass is non-transferable and you just show your ID to use it.

Interagency Military Pass – This pass is available for free as a thank you to our active duty men and women serving in the armed forces and their dependents. This pass gives free access to military and their dependents to all Federally managed sites. To obtain this card you must present your CAC card when requesting this pass. Thank you to all who have served our country.

Interagency Annual Pass – This pass is available to all people who wish to enjoy our public lands. For $80.00 you get access to millions of acres of public lands for free! The card is good for one year and grants the holder and anyone in their vehicle free access to all public lands. It also allows for two card signatures, so if you and your neighbor or friend want to share it, you can! Just remember that at least one of the two signatories must be present when using the card.

Every Kid in a Park Pass – Do you have a 4th grader who loves the outdoors? If so, they can get a free pass that will get the whole family into the park! In order to do so, they must do a little work.  Just visit and click on “Get Your Pass” to learn more.

Park Specific Passes – Do you visit the same National Park multiple times per summer? If you do, you could be missing out on saving money. Each park has a park specific annual pass you can purchase that grants you entry for a year to the park. The price varies from park to park, so ask a ranger how you can save money.

I hope this has been helpful for you while planning your trip. Adventure Camper wants you to have the best vacation possible. We hope that when you plan your trip you will remember to stop in to rent or buy one of our Real-Lite, Solaire, Viking trailers. Get out there and Adventure!
*(National Park Service, National Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, Fish and Wildlife Services, and Army Corps of Engineers sites participate in this program)

By Nate Landon

Comments are closed.